Monday, December 22, 2008

Solstice



Three days of steady snow, and now we see the sun again. 14 degrees out when I walked the dog her daily mile.
Yesterday was the winter solstice. This morning I took my annual sunrise at solstice shot -- that's the middle one and you may have to click on it to find the gleam of sunshine. I tried to line up the window edge with a tree because one of these years I'm going to map everything and figure the exact point on the compass where the sun rises on that day, and maybe that will help. Then I took the shot of the chimney, which faces North -- how often does it have a big patch of sun on it right at sunrise? Oh, and yes, that little patch of green at the bottom is my "green marble hearth" -- 5 marble tiles to extend the hearth. I'm very fond of them. They get all warm when the insert is going full blast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos.

fonty said...

...and now we have moved past imbolc!--- i know this room :-)
gros bises