Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sit Spot Day 21

Sat Apr 4 (Day 21). 9:00 AM. Upper 40s, overcast with the bottoms of thick cumulus clouds showing, not raining, winds N/NE/NW, gusty, sometimes loud in the trees. At one point no wind where I sat but loud across the pond, pine trees swaying over there. Pond rippled, no water fowl in sight. New sound: human footsteps, walker on the road. Probably sneakers. Rythmic, 2-footed, fairly fast. My purple flower plant now has 3 or 4 buds and a companion next to it. Try my drawing, quick sketch of each of the plants close by. Then draw a circle representing about an arms reach around me, maybe 2 feet, letter each plant and put letters in the circle to represent their location. The "C" are for the wisteria shoots and they seem innumerable, all around. There's a nother patch of my flower coming up to the right, maybe 8 shoots; 2 samples of what might be a mint; maybe 15 spots where bedstraw is showing; 1 example of the 3 leaved long stalked thing; maybe 10 of Plant X on two sides but not on the other, 1 of my little plant with the slits on the leaves, and, what's that: a new plant! At first it looks boring, maybe 4 or 5 little toothed leaves, dusty green, could be anything, but then I investigate and find it runs along on a hairy little round stem, with opposite leaves, either another vine or a trailing plant, this one about 8 inches, then reappears for another 6 or 8 inches. reddish on the bottom of the leaves and they're a little hairy too. Complete with a 2" long worm crawling around on it. It occurs to me I'm ignoring the grass. And that it's time to go eat breakfast. Walking up I see the first open daffodil.

1 comment:

JLH said...

Your brother's b'day tomorrow, 4/5. Is he subscribed?