Monday, April 13, 2009

sit spot day 30


Mon Apr 13 (Day 30). 10:30 AM. Last day of the official challenge. Windy and cold, got down below freezing again last night. The pond has waves, the troughs run a foot or two apart, everything headed north to south. Some of them have little white caps. First time all month. A lone swallow skims over them. 2 geese are floating near a mallard, they take off and land in the field. A bird is singing a steady 'peter peter peter'. I cant remember which one does that, but amazingly (given how elusive the songbirds have been), I find it by eye and then with the binoculars. It's the male titmouse, with the cute little black beak, crest, grey back, orange red under the wings, white belly. Behind it a blackbird fluffs and chirps. I catch a glimpse of a blue jay. I've brought my camera and settle down to photograph all my plants, all around my spot short and long range, my spot itself. I find what I suspect is a wisteria seed, flat and about 1/2 inch across, chestnut brown, thin. Maybe see an insect out of the corner of my eye, maybe not.

Thanks be to the creators of this challenge, and to the birds, beasts, insects, reptiles, plants, winds, waters, earth, rocks, stars, sun and moon, humans and their machines.

1 comment:

JLH said...

Great to have your pictures back! I've enjoyed your posts.