Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sit Spot Day 25

Wed Apr 8 (Day 25). 7:00 PM. Settle down in the dusk and look again at the little blue/purple flowers. The base of the petal on the inside is white, and then there's a little white protuberance with the yellow stamens showing. My little plant with the odd little slits on the edge of the leaf is quite red/purple on the underside. It's still just a lone, 1 inch long leaf. I say hello to a few other plants and then glance up and realize there's a yellow moon peeking around the beech tree, caught in the hemlock. Enchanting. I shift in my little scuffed spot to face it. Tinker's right, I've made a little trail to my spot and all the leaves are broken into bits where my legs rest, and nothing's growing there really, and that's just from me sitting no more than 1/2 hr a day for a few weeks. I really appreciate how all around the leaves and grass and vines and other plants are loosely arranged, with air pockets and never a foot fall, such that the dead leaves remain intact, and the plants can come up slowly in little sheltered nooks. The moon seems way South. It's about 2 fingers high, and seems about midway between east and south. The peepers are a steady high cacophony, and something else is making a single tone, over and over, maybe a second long, a B flat I'm guessing. The usual ducks pass overhead, 3 this time. An occasional blackbird calls, and there are various twitterings. There's so much to know out here, sounds and sights and wind directions and patterns on the pond -- this morning there were wild gusts in patches here and there.

No comments: